Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Patricia Dahlberg

Ron Fong e-mailed me last night with the news that Pat Dahlberg, a longtime collector, died peacefully Sunday evening at her home in Riverside, Calif., with her husband and daughter by her side. She attended the Las Vegas convention with family, including granddaughters, who clearly enjoyed each souvenir that came their way,  helped out with the raffles and even contributed artwork to the competition. It gave a lot of us joy to see kids embrace the paper doll hobby. Pat's daughter-in-law Toshi is also a paper doll artist, and has sold at previous conventions. How comforting it is to know that Pat spent one last time at convention, surrounded by family and friends in the paper doll world.

2 comments:

  1. So sad. I didn't know her, but now I know I will never get the chance to. I feel pretty certain I've missed out on someone special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that she was able to share her love for paper dolls with her grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete