Thursday, December 13, 2018

Using vintage scraps in greeting cards


I found these cute cards at a store called Tuesday Morning, and thought I could glue on some scraps to break up the pattern...so I did! It was a happy coincidence that I had a batch of scraps that blended nicely with the color scheme of the cards. 

I'm not sure if the scraps are from a paper doll set or not...they do resemble the lovely artwork in the margins of a baby paper doll book. If anyone recognizes them, let me know.






4 comments:

  1. I love love love these! A great blending of modern and vintage design. I guess the modern design harkens back somewhat anyway, but yes, you did find a great color synchronicity. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda: I was wondering if you know whether Merrill Publishing paper doll books are now in the public domain as far as reproducing the art? I noticed you are acquainted with Mark Woodcock, son of Jean Woodcock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellen, I'm not sure if Merrill is in the public domain or not. There are laws regarding copyright, so I would suggest you conduct research at your local library or Google your question, and make sure you reach a reputable Internet source, such as a university or law firm specializing in copyright questions.

      Delete