Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Book Art of Tamara Gerard


Tamara Gerard is a book artist from the state of Washington who is also a paper doll collector. At the convention she brought some of her magnificent books to the artists exhibit. This one is a tribute to her mother, a large die-cut figure flips up to reveal a narrative in words and pictures.


The embellishment on her books is something to behold...


A binding on one book complements the decorative front cover.



Artful, handmade papers


A tribute to Native American ways...


1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda - Thank you for posting my book art. It was a treat to see some of my work online (that I hadn't posted myself). That convention was the first I ever attended, and I was like a kid at Disneyland. It was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete