Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Paper Doll Family and Their House, 1934






Saalfield. I found this without any paper dolls in an antique store in NJ about a year ago. Then I bought some interesting small dolls from Carol Carey. It took me a while to realize that they belonged to this booklet! And I found that out while browsing through one of Mary Young's indispensable guides.
This was also a sticker book: furniture, shutters, towels and other accessories were to be pasted in. The kitchen cabinet doors on the far left were supposed to be left partially open, to reveal dishes.

9 comments:

  1. I'll post the family tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've looked everywhere, cannot find the family.

      Delete
    2. here are the links to the dolls:
      http://thepapercollector.blogspot.com/2009/06/paper-doll-family-i.html

      http://thepapercollector.blogspot.com/2009/06/paper-doll-family-ii.html

      Delete
  2. I very rarely think "what a darling set," but I must confess that was my first thought with this book. Looking forward to seeing the family tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother had this book. I used to play with it as a child an I loved it so much !
    In deed, there are dors opening, little furniture, and dresses, and the all family paper dolls. You can put them to bed, sit them on sofa ... And play a lot.
    This is a truth treasure !

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother had these paper dolls as well Nana, I too loved to play with them. My mom has a wicker suit case and in it are wonderful treasures of a little girls past.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have The #2094 Paper Doll Family and Their House, I think it was purchased for Mom when she was four, she was born in 1930. It is complete never had anything torn out or cut out as far as we can tell.

    ReplyDelete