Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Marcia Sandmeyer Wilson

I first met Marcia at the NJ Book Arts Symposium at Rutgers-Newark last year. She came over to my house on Oct. 19 to see some zines and several paper dolls that I've posted here.

Marcia is a book artist, collagist, doll maker, sculptor...everytime I visit her website I click on a different link and find some incredible thing: marciasandmeyerwilson.com/index.html

You can see her artist books (and read about her purse of regrets) at marciasandmeyerwilson.com/mswBOOKS.html

I keep going back to the Advice from a Failure link: marciasandmeyerwilson.com/mswADVICE.html

Work will prevent me from attending this year's book arts symposium on Friday, Nov. 6.

Here's what I'm missing:

Symposium ‘09 will look at the book in association with a range of different kinds of community, some of which include (1) artists working in or for a particular geographically or culturally defined community, (2) collaborative artists or communities of artists or book-workers, (3) and the international network of book artists that constitutes what anthropologist Victor Turner defined as "communitas": an unstructured community where all members are equal and in which there abides an intense community spirit.


Sigh.

Find out more at: www.libraries.rutgers.edu/rul/news/09/10_book_arts.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment