Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Coke Crowd 2


 



 

Part of the fun of doing this blog is looking more closely at things -- how often do we collect and then store away, forgetting we have something special that merits a longer look? This fragile set was difficult to handle, but worth doing. Love the pedal pushers, saddle shoes and the adorable little bags. Yesterday's post showed shoulder bags, which became popular for women during WW2. My mom remembered saving from her paycheck to buy one. The records shown here are 78s, of course. I have another page in this set, which I'll post tomorrow.

Judy Johnson has a restored reprint for sale here.

2 comments:

  1. Always wanted this set. Have so many similar ones that came in the huge box I bought on eBay, but alas not this one. As I dug through I kept hoping and hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful. I find myself marveling at the waistlines...no sagging pants hanging off the butt. Sigh

    ReplyDelete