Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Games We Played


I've updated my picks on the Amazon widget on the left side of the screen--paper doll and other books that I think might be of interest to you. Some good news: Dover is bringing out a paper doll book by Bruce Patrick Jones this summer.

I would love to find antique game boards at a flea market or garage sale but the next best thing is having this book to look through. Excellent color reproductions.
 
I remember so many games under the Christmas tree when I was a child: Life, Sorry, Go to the Head of the Class, Chutes and Ladders, Candy Land, Booby Trap, Thimble City...Here are some game card and board images I found through a Google image search. They're not very old or especially beautiful, but nostalgic nonetheless.



 

 


 

1 comment:

  1. Do you know the title of the soon-to-be-released paper doll book by Bruce Patrick Jones? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete