Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Salty Sally paper doll


This is a pretty strange paper doll, found at Bowne Printers in the South Street Seaport Museum this week. I named her Salty Sally.

I love Bowne's stock of papers and postcards, but wish they had tried again with the paper doll! Oh well. I paid $15 for it, which is way too high. But I coughed it up because I love this store which has some great old printing presses--they still do specialty letter press printing jobs here. And all proceeds benefit the seaport museum and programs, including printing workshops.  OK, take my money!




2 comments:

  1. Ooh I like the old-style printing press technique - I suppose they have to run it through the press for each color? Impressive that they kept it lined up so well. They are obviously pros.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of that, but yes, it is a good printing. I have one or two older paper dolls where the printing is off register, or whatever you call it when it prints "outside the lines."

      Delete