Friday, April 14, 2023

Beyer's Hectographen cutout ca. 1920


The German company known as Beyer's sold pens, ink and watercolors among other items; I would imagine it was a busy stationery story with a large inventory. After searching for more information online, I believe it was also a printing company that produced beautiful letterhead for companies. 

This wonderfully intricate advertising cutout when finished would show a young boy in sailor suit at his school desk. 

If you are a German reader and can translate more of the copy on this paper toy, I would love to know more.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Linda, thank you so much for your blog and generosity. You are one of a few bloggers that made me fall in love (deeply!) with paper toys/models, a few years ago. I am dutch and a historian, both helpfull with translating the gothic german of your wonderful Beyer's ad. It's too long for a comment, is there any way I can send it to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can provide a summary here, that would be great. I'm a little wary of sharing my email with someone I don't know. Thanks for understanding.

      Delete