Monday, November 14, 2011

Penny

It seems impossible that we would have to say farewell so soon to Penny, less than two years after losing Midnight. But that is what we had to do this morning. Penny was a great friend, a loving cat.


My husband long ago created a web site devoted to all the cats we have loved: Lola, Midnight and Penny. (Somewhere, I have a pencil sketch of Toby, the cat I had when I was teenager.)

It is strange to not have a cat in our house, the first time in more than 10 years.  With time, we will be ready to welcome another bundle of furry love into our lives...

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sweet looking cat.I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you lost your dear cat. My husband and I really do think that people meet the cats (and dogs) they've loved in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since 2009, I seem to have become a cat whisperer when I always considered myself to be a dog lover... When I quickly lost my first cat, Igraine, it was such a shock, I had made her a blog and happily reported on her progress until the fatal day.
    I left her blog on the web, as a memorial. I now have another blog for the two kitties that boss me around.
    I find them most delightful, aside from all of the hair shedding...

    Wishing you to soon welcome another bundle of joy.

    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete